How a Schedule Changed My Life.




 1 Corinthians 14:40 – “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
Proverbs 24:27 – “Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.”


Have you ever been in that sludge of life where every day lacks purpose and you get to sleep wondering where the time went? I recently felt that way. I was wasting a lot of time on screens and not spending enough time in things that matter. All of this led me to an unproductive couple of weeks.

Soooo, I decided it was time for change. Below is a list of things I wanted to complete but just wasn't for some reason.

A. Having Quality Devotions.

B. Time to study and work on sermons.

C. Time to spend outside and be refreshed.

D. Time to read more books.

E. Time to listen to more sermons.

F. Time to listen to more podcasts.


Yet every day, I would end it with none of these completed, wondering, why didn't I?

So, I did something that has honestly changed my life for the better.

I created a schedule.

I got an old-fashioned piece of paper and pen and wrote down the important things that were missing in my life.

I wrote down the things I wanted to get done in my life.

I then took my school day and plugged it in. 

It was as simple as that. From then on, I rigorously follow the schedule and find

Peace, satisfaction, and purpose every day.

From creating a schedule, here are some things I found about what was hindering me from accomplishing my goals.

A. You must set an alarm.

This was my worst mistake. You can't have a good time with God if you wake up late.

In my house, we start school at 8:30. Yet I was waking up at around 7:30. This did not give me much time considering I had to fit in to my morning routine these Making my bed, laundry, chores, animals, and breakfast.

So I fixed this problem by buying a 2 dollar alarm that, no joke, makes the worst screeching noise ever.

But anyway, I set my alarm for 6:00. This helped a lot, as it gave me an extra hour to my day but gave me enough time to be with God.

B. Make your fun screen time limit 1 hour per day.

This rule helped me as well. This hour includes checking on YouTube, emails, Xbox, TV, and anything else. On top of this, I have no school classes with screens, so I may not be on them much. Avoiding screens has been really vital in this change, and eliminating the many time-wasters in screens has given me more time in my day.

C. Follow the schedule

Be mindful of your schedule and follow it to a tee. Adjust when needed but make it flexible and workable for your week.

So today, if you find yourself wanting more time in your day, make a daily schedule.

Trust me, it will be worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts